Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
What Information Do We Collect?
Vincent • Chrisp & Partners collects different information about you at different times. There are 4 broad categories of information that we collect from you:
Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first sign up or contract with Vincent • Chrisp & Partners for our services, or when you make an enquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, address, telephone number, domain name, email details of your primary and secondary contacts.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
Non personally identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, Vincent • Chrisp & Partners operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
Other demographic information.
If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Vincent • Chrisp & Partners’s products and services.
Personal information stored on a web site hosted by Vincent • Chrisp & Partners.
Vincent • Chrisp & Partners will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host web sites of other organisations. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organisations will be physically located on a Vincent • Chrisp & Partners’s server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Vincent • Chrisp & Partners in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law.
How Do We Use Personal Information We Have Collected?
We collect and use your personal information to operate our web site and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: technical support, billing and credit control, sales support, product and website upgrades and information.
We may use your personal information to:
- contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits. monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Vincent • Chrisp & Partners does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Vincent • Chrisp & Partners including spam filter operators) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Vincent • Chrisp & Partners;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Vincent • Chrisp & Partners’s services, its web site, our staff or the public.
Vincent • Chrisp & Partners has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
Other Disclosure By You
You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by Vincent • Chrisp & Partners as part of our service to you (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.